Please consider donating some of the following items:
• Binoculars – we especially are in need of rubber armored and/or waterproof binoculars
• Digital cameras – especially SLRs and telephoto lenses
• Spotting scopes
• Field guides to Neotropical birds
• Field guides to North American birds – newer editions
• Ornithology texts
• Laptop computers – not more than 3 years old
• Backpacks – no broken zippers
• iPods or .mp3 players and corresponding microphones
The equipment must be in good working order. For example, the binoculars must be in proper alignment, the focus wheel in operation, and the glass without flaws.
Waterproof binoculars are preferred due to the adverse conditions in which many of our recipients work.
Occasionally we ask for other materials as the special requirements of projects demand. Contact us ahead of time if you have other gear to contribute to see if we have a proper match. Birders’ Exchange also needs monetary contributions to continue its work. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law. Birders’ Exchange will acknowledge all contributions by letter.
Please send your equipment donations to:
The ABA Office is moving to a new location in Delaware City, Delaware. The new building will be ready by the first of August and we should be fully moved in by the middle of August.
We respectfully ask that if you have equipment donations to please call to arrange for shipping or better yet hold them until early September to allow time for us to settle in.
We truly appreciate all you do to help birds and birders in latin America and the Caribbean! Conservation in action!