Please consider donating some of the following items:
• Binoculars – we especially are in need of rubber armored and/or waterproof binoculars
• Digital cameras – especially SLRs and telephoto lenses
• Spotting scopes
• Field guides to Neotropical birds
• Field guides to North American birds
• Ornithology texts
• Laptop computers – not more than 3 years old
• iPods or .mp3 players
The equipment must be in good working order. For example, the binoculars must be in proper alignment, the focus wheel in operation, and the glass without flaws.
Waterproof binoculars are preferred due to the adverse conditions in which many of our recipients work.
Occasionally we ask for other materials as the special requirements of projects demand. Contact us ahead of time if you have other gear to contribute to see if we have a proper match. Birders’ Exchange also needs contributions to continue its work. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law. Birders’ Exchange will acknowledge all contributions by letter.
Please send your equipment donations to:
American Birding Association
1618 W Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-4029
(800) 850-2473 ext. 232