To celebrate the ABA 2013 Bird of the Year, the Common Nighthawk we present an all out, no holds barred, multimedia art contest for ABA members. Entries should focus on the Common Nighthawk and may include original photography, artwork, video (3 minutes or less), music, poetry …pretty much anything that can be emailed and posted on websites. Let your creativity and imagination run wild!
Contest Rules & Information:
1. In order to participate, you must be a member of the American Birding Association. If you are not currently a member you can join or renew your membership here.
2. Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on October 31st, 2013. By submitting your entry, you allow the American Birding Association permission to use your work online and in print materials. Entries should be young-birder friendly.
3. Judging will be done by members of the ABA staff and representatives from the contest prize sponsors. Prizes will be sent directly from prize sponsors to the winners.
4. Limit of one (1) entry per category per contestant.
Categories: (There will be an adult and youth division for each category. Categories will be judged independently.)
- Artwork (paintings, sketches, etc)
The winners of each division will receive a $75 gift certificate to Eagle Optics, an ABA binocular harness, and an Eagle Optics t-shirt featuring the artwork of Jen Brumfield.
Three 3-book collections from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Andrew Guttenberg Artwork Prints
The American Birding Association is contributing three high-quality prints of Andrew Gutterberg’s artwork featured on the cover of the January 2013 issue of Birding.
Autographed by Don & Lillian Stokes\
Awesome bird books from Princeton University Press:
Sharon “Birdchick” Stiteler’s book: